Save A Child's Life

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Silly Valentine

This year I decided since there were sooooo many good Valentine projects floating around the Internet, we would attempt some.

Warning: In a attempt to be a crafty, thoughtful mother Valentines was nearly ruined!
Be prepared to laugh your socks off!

Project 1:

I first saw this little Valentine on pinterest and asked the girls if they thought it would be fun. Luckily, I read many blogs and 4men 1lady did a lovely tutorial.

Super easy to follow. I am just poor at preparation and follow through.

I made a trip to the HL(pretty sure I have talked about this too much already, oh well?)to get the supplies. I was positive I could get it all in one stop. They have everything a crafty soul could dream of.

Supplies:

1 pack of colorful card stock
1 paper punch, scalloped edge
1 heart mold
1 pack of 64 crayons
1 roll double sided tape 1 bottle gorilla glue
2 packs of Wilton clear treat bags
They had everything but the heart mold, easy peasy! There was plenty of time, I was planning ahead, go me!

After patting my own back all the way home, I quickly got started. The tutorial link above provided awesome printouts for the circular wording, so nice of her to do!
I got so excited and ahead of myself and printed out all that was needed for each of the girl's sweet classmates. A total of 29 to be exact.

Just a few mishaps that I want to prepare (warn) you for:
check your printer ink BEFORE you start a printing job
turn the print view to landscape
resize the image to 100%

With that said, I got my soon to be cards off the printer, stuck the first ring into the paper press and realized it was WAY to small. As the "low ink" light flashed in the corner of my eye, I began to panic ever so slightly, level 1. it is just ink I could pick that up in the next few days, no sweat!

So I did, made all the corrections and soon had pretty pink and reds cards!




In the mean time I had been on a hunt for the heart shaped mold. Three store visits and no luck. So this past Friday I went to Target and the shelves that previously held the molds were bare. Panic level raised to 3.
What to do now? The whole Valentine is structured around the "heart" shaped crayon.

Last resort, I had seen another crayon tutorial using the quarter size cupcake papers. You put the crayons in and melt the same, just different shape I guess?

In all of the weekend frenzy, crayon making had been pushed to Sunday, hence my title
"Procrastinator Supreme".

All the supplies were laid out, minus the mold............and CRAYONS!
Panic level 6 people, it got deep! how did I manage to skip the crayons? So I made a mad dash to the local DG (Dollar General), swiped a box of crayons and took a speedy stroll through the Vday aisle.

Something on the endcap caught my eye, was it? YES it was! One little, precious heart mold, hanging all by it's lonesome, just waiting to be purchased by me, to be loved and baked at 250 degrees.....AAAAHHHH!








We got all of the pretties molded, glued and package up tight!
Oh and on the adhering home front, do not use double sided tape. It doesn't stick to wax at all!
Go with Gorrilla!


Kids where washed, pj's were on, momma's feet were propped and out comes a blood curdling scream. "DUMPLIN ATE MY VALETIMES!!!!"
What? How? Where?
"She ate it all up momma. She snuck it out of my bag and took it under Kady's bed and gobbled it all up."
Panic level MAX 10!
I had made extra crayons for the girls to play with at home but no extra cards had been made. One little child would have to do without or we would nix the homemades for store boughts.
With tears on the verge of flowing, I could only look to Bama to save the day.
And he did!
He remembered one stray card that he had trashed earlier, put on some gloves and fetched it out unscathed. So one little precious got a Vday card today straight from the dumps ( totally clean, of course).

So all of them made it to school, after that it's out of my hands!

Here is A's video telling you all about it!


2 comments:

The Buchanan Family said...

too cute! I failed big time and went with store bought items! :)

Jacqui said...

I LOVE it!!! And the video was adorable :-)
Happy Valentines to you ALL

Post a Comment