Save A Child's Life

Friday, February 17, 2012

One, Two, Tie My Shoe!

A hit another milestone last night.
I don't remember much about the time I learned to tie my shoes. All I know is that to a budding 6 yr. old it is extremely frustrating.

2 nights ago: "Mom everyone in my class is tying their shoes but I can't do it."
I promised to work with her on it but sometimes we are so much alike that events like this end up unsuccessful. She wants to do it her way and I want her to do it my way, it's just a butting of heads.

So last night, she and PawPaw had something to show us all. They had been working on it together. I don't remember him being so patient when I was that age but they say grand-parenting is easier. A struggled for a bit and listened to his every direction. Presto chango, she is now in the "tie your own shoe" club. I was so pleased that she learned to tie but even more elated that my Dad was able to help her through it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment