Save A Child's Life

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Love Story

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We began dating exclusively the September of 2001.
We got engaged November 2002.
We married November 2003.


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
My high school girlfriend dated his brother. one night we went over to their house to watch a group movie. He wasn't there at the time. Probably about halfway into the movie, I got choked on my drink and couldn't stop coughing. I went outside to get fresh air and so I wouldn't disturb the others. It was pitch black on their front porch and out of the darkness I heard "Um are you ok?" It scared me so that I almost peed my pants. He laughed, I laughed and it sparked conversation.  We didn't start dating for a while after we met. I had my heart broken a few times and was on a serious relationship hiatus. He eventually broke my strike!

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We are heading towards 9 years, this November.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
Our wedding was small and at our hometown church. I would have loved to have gotten married outside but my mother was a firm believer that weddings should be in churches. She and my Dad funded the event, so there were compliance's. It was lots of fun though, from what I remember?

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
He doesn't really call me anything special. I get the standard southern, hun, babe, sweetheart.....
For some reason I have always felt the need to shorten his name (even though it's already like 4 letters) to Bam. I don't really know why I do that it's odd, I know!
Sometimes, Mostly the girls and I refer to him as Daddy Do. When the girls where able to say a few words, we would constantly ask them question just to her their sweet little voices. Every time you asked them who loved them the most, they would answer: Daddy Do ( Daddy does?) I would say no he doesn't and they would reply " yes he do!"

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is kind hearted. It is a strength and a weakness. Too many times has he been so kind, to only get walked over in return.
 He is a worker. Never would he let us go without.
 He has morals. There are things that he stands for, things that he believes strongly in and he doesn't let others bring him down.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
It wasn't over the top but neither is he. He is please by the simple things. I didn't know this before but a few days before the proposal he visited my Dad and Mom (aka Mammie and PawPaw). He knew that they loved him and supported us together but he wanted to be absolutely sure that they were behind the thought of marriage. So on November 22, 2002 he took me on a little date and talked about how things would be if we got married. The whole night he acted so odd. When we got home and kicked back to play video games ( cause that is his 4th love, behind me, the girls, and Alabama Football RTR!) he asked what I would say if he did propose. I didn't answer, to me that was something that you shouldn't have to think about, you just make the decision at the moment the ring comes out, right? I didn't realize that the ring was out! It was just laying on the pillow, shining back at me. Once I realized this moment was happening, he asked again. This time in true marriage proposal form.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
None of the above.
There have been a few years that a card has been the only treat. I am ok with that (well that is what I say).
This year was different, the night before V-day he sent the girls into our bedroom with a bulging card. The card was sweet, the Beaucoup necklace and key charm was even sweeter. A said it was the key to their hearts. She is a young romantic, which scares us a bit!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
In the Summer, I am a sunset by the river kind of girl.
In the Fall, once it gets colder, I am a bonfire kind of girl.
In the Winter, I am a on the couch with a movie kind of girl.
In the Spring, I am a dying to get out of the house kind of girl.
No fancy dinners, just time together is important to me.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
We would both like to go to Scotland one day. Part of Bama's family is of Scottish decent, they have a crest, colored plaid and the whole deal.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
My sweetheart had to work late. The girls and I cuddled on the couch.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
 I did send him an Amazon wish list, with quite the variety, just a couple of weeks ago.


13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Give each other space. Spend time together meaningfully but don't smother one another. Having time apart and doing things without each other makes you appreciate the moments shared.


14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.




Read more stories or link yours from Mrs. to Momma

1 comments:

Haus of Style said...

Hi there, landed on your blog from the "our love story" link-up, which was a while I know! Although I didn't participate I still loved reading everyone's love story ;)

Great photos, and I love your advice!

Come check out my blog and follow me if you like it too, thanks!

Post a Comment