Save A Child's Life

Thursday, January 12, 2012

What happened to the past 6 years?

Jan. 11th, 2006 - I got out of bed and preformed my normal routine. I felt fantastic to be 39 weeks pregnant. Getting ready for my (fingers crossed) last pre-delivery OB appt. I thought about what our baby girl would look like and eagerly anticipated her arrival. Waddled out the door and endured an hour long drive the Dr.'s office. My progression was less than to be desired but my Doc was always so great at planning. She quickly told me to choose a date and we would get this train rolling. Of course, the word tomorrow shot out of my mouth like a steaming bullet. I returned to work that day, got my affairs in order and tried to pass the time.

Jan. 12th, 2006 - Sleep had been out of the question for many weeks but somehow I managed to get the most complete rest the night before. I think it was the fact that we new where, when and how this would be happening and all of the sketchy pre-term labor scares where out of the way. So at 3:30 am, all bright a bushy tailed, we got ourselves together and the car packed, met up with my mom and headed to the hospital. We arrived around 5am and it was still pitch dark walking through the parking deck. I can remember walking to the glass door and stopping because I was shaking so badly. I was scared and Bama was scared, a good scared I guess. Here we where the day we had a waited for 9 long months. With 1000 cords and monitors hooked up, we waited and waited. "Please Lord don't let me be one of the unfortuntate ladies to lay here in labor for 25 hours!" It was like watching concrete dry, the hands on the clock would round and round but nothing was producing. About 5pm the go ahead was given, okay a green light to push. We got this! Bama looking weathered by that time, had almost given out. The anesthesia had made me deathly sick and I had nothing to eat but liquids from the iv drip. It looked like an excerpt from the exorcist. When I looked at him and his face was pale and green tinted, I knew to give him the signal to bow out. He was precious that day and I knew he felt terrible for leaving me but at that point there where three of us and he knew he was the bottom of the totem pole. Not long after Bama exited this little baby decided that she would not make an entrance without a scene and it ended us in the emergency C-section room. My mother went in with me as Bama stand in. It didn't take long and I felt terrific. Those drugs I would recommend 10 fold. After the panic this baby had caused just minutes prior my mind was on high alert of what difficulties could be headed our way. I don't remember taking a breath the entire time but once that terrific scream was let out, all I could do was cry. At 7:02, weighing 7lbs 2oz, 21in. long in all her beauty, we had an Addison to take home.

Jan. 12th, 2012 - To Addison, your spirit and attitude are a lot to handle at times. You have always acted twice your age and made us feel twice ours. You told today me that I was the best mother and snuggle buggler in the world. For once I agreed with you. We may not always make the right choices or be the best parent but we love you and we need you.

7 weeks




1 year




2 years



















3 years
4 years


5 years



















6 years















You will always be our Boozle!








Love Mom & Dad





























0 comments:

Post a Comment