Save A Child's Life

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tooth Fairy Blunder

Keep in mind that we have been battling the war of virus McMake Rounds-A-Lot. Totally not my fault.....I swear!

Addison has had this loose from tooth for two weeks straight. Right in the front, cocked to the side, dangling by a thread, loose tooth. Problem is her mouth is so tiny that Daddy Do and I couldn't get our chubby fingers in there to fetch it. Finally, this past Saturday night A had tolerated enough incessant wiggling and had come to the end of her rope, literally. We tied a sring to the little nugget and slammed the door. She was standing there so brave and bubbling with excitement. Tie went the string, slam went the door and POP went the tooth, right out of her mouth, into the floor.

Not twenty minutes later we were giggling and deciding how much the TF might bring for such a courageous girl and one mighty fine tooth. "Mom, my tummy is cramping."says A, with a little scrunched nose. "No, you are fine....totally fine. It's just your nerves from all the toothy excitement!" says unsuspecting mother. Little whispers "I don't think I want to spend the night with Mammie? I want to go home, now." Mommy's mind "HO-LY fiddle hockeys, star crunch!"

We get home to severe stomach cramps and one sick little puppy. All night long kinda sick. My brains (all of them) were completely focused on this itty bitty's beck and call. After spending the majority of our time in the bathroom we where exhausted and the Lysol can was embedded into my palm. Lightening cracks, thunder shakes the house and the rain sounded like a full on hurricane. Stay with me people, we have made it to Monday morning. At least I get a bright eyed girl, still with a pale face but improving, "I guess my tooth wasn't good enough?" pouted face. What no visit, no dough...... "Sure it was baby, you know that TF didn't want to catch that virus. I am positive she will visit tonight." screeches the Mom with scrambled eggs for memory.

Scene: Tuesday morning, Dad gone to work early, littles in bed, Mom catching a quick, HOT shower before work. Knock, knock! "Come in sweet doll, I'm in the shower!" " Well Mom, it happened again!" " What did?" " The TF was a no show." "UHHHHH, you are kidding?" " Mom, do I look like I am kidding?" "Well no, no you don't" "I know Mom, She must have been scared of Dumplin (harmless chihuahua)!" "Addison you are surely right!"

Here we are and it's Tuesday night, tooth under pillow, fairy website visited and money in hand. Fourth night is the charm around here folks. Parenting is tough!


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment