Save A Child's Life

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Back it up

Here is a little project the hubs and I did last month when it was a bit warmer. I didn't get any try before pictures but I am sure we can paint it in your mind with words. We started with an older entertainment center, walnut brown if not darker? It had yucky brass pulls and was in desperate need of a makeover. Although there are a few more things that I would like to add doors with centered chicken wire, in the large mid section.
The wood was dark, so we primed the piece first. This took the longest to dry and sand down a bit. Then we coated it in eggshell.

The fabric has a light pattern and I though it would be great for the inside. We used standard fabric glue to adhere to the inside of the top two sections. There was no need to do this on the bottom. One slot is for a drawer and I purchased woven baskets for the lowest slot.

This is the "almost" finished product. I got the wrong size pulls, even after measuring twice. I wrote it down wrong on my list, oh well. This just leaves room for another post. I think it looks much better even now.



0 comments:

Post a Comment