Save A Child's Life

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Wedding….


Sorry it has been a while ,I will explain on my next post.

Anyway, rewind to the wedding if you will. After cleaning up the last few items from the yard sale, we rushed to get the girls from my grandparents and home to get showers and dressed up. I don’t know how but we all managed to dressed in time to go by my parents house before we left. Mammie and Paw Paw wanted to see us all gussied up before we went on to the church.


Kadence was cranky already from no nap and was absolutely not going to the wedding. Mammie offered for her to stay with them and Kadence begged until I gave in. I was also thinking this way I could focus on Addison a little more knowing that she might be squeamish when we arrived. She was oh so cute, fun and excited the entire drive. We got into the church and nothing seemed to bother her. Keeping in mind Addison didn’t have a nap either and we were at the church promptly at 3:00, the weeding didn’t begin until 5:55. The bridal party was running a little behind and they weren’t dressed when we got there. We went ahead a snapped a few shots while we were waiting.

Soon after a few pictures Addison started acting up a little, running in the church smarting off to me, not minding, ignoring me (which she is very good at)etc…… Then she began acting out more and more as the time progressed. I finally got her to sit down beside me on the pew, which wasn’t an easy task. I really tried to work with her, bargaining, promising, begging for her to be better. I even gave her the speech “ Now Addison, this is God’s house and God wants to see sweet girls in his house. You don’t want to upset God, he doesn’t like it when you are bad!” she quickly replies LOUDLY “ Momma…. I really don’t think I like God anymore!” I was so embarrassed. I assured her that what she had said wasn’t nice at all and that she really didn’t mean those ugly things that she was saying. Then she says “ well momma, I guess we’ll just have to have a talk about this when we get home, in my bed before night night prayers” oh yes we will and we did!

5:30 rolls around we are almost to the ceremony, she has only had a few more breakdowns. 1st she doesn’t want to wear her princess crown in front of the people. 2nd her pretty foot jewelry tickled her toes too badly and she couldn’t wear them “ I can’t momma, you don’t understand I just can’t!” I handed her off to her daddy and they lined up behind the door and it was all her from then on. The doors opened up and here she comes. She looked so cute throwing her flowers out. No headpiece and no foot pieces but still just as cute as ever. They make it to the stage and Ella decides it is time to let her mommy know that she is very hungry. So they twist and turn and they sit and stand. Addison wanders around the piano, the girls have a discussion about the petals in their basket. Addison isn’t happy with the basket just holding the petals, it would be much better if it held her head,
hear face


and her foot while showing her panties to the congregation. I know I make it sound terrible but it really wasn’t, it was so adorable, the kids were funny and we will always remember the things that they did.

We were just proud to be a part of it all, thanks to John and Lisa for including us!


the Fields…….

0 comments:

Post a Comment