Save A Child's Life

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Out of AIR

Thurs afternoon Bama gives me a call at work to ask if for some reason I have turned off the air conditioner at home. Why would I do that, I have lived in Alabama my entire life and never could I handle this humidity with no air conditioner, come on! So really why was he asking? well because he got home and the house was like and inferno and the central unit wasn't making a sound or blowing any air, that's why! GREAT!!!!!!! So he calls my dad ( Paw Paw ) out and they can tell what is wrong but don't know how to fix it. We make a few more calls but no luck. So Fri. morning I get on the phone and am calling for service people in our area. Our unit is over ten years old gives us too much hassle because of the age of our home, we usually end up cooling underneath the house better than inside. It is going to be an arm and a leg to fix so I make an executive decision, call AL Power and buy a new one! Well I say new ONE but I bought TWO. The salesman and I discuss to large window units because of the age of our home and the trouble we have had and the fact that in 21 months it will be strictly a rented out. So we decided the two units would be way better than what we had. I went down to sign the paperwork and ended up purchasing a new flat screen TV as well. SURPRISE Daddy! Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas.... Only bad news is that they couldn't deliver the items until the next Wed. which is tomorrow! All four of us have been sleeping on the coach at Mammie and Paw Paw's, fortunately they had gotten a new, very large, sectional two weeks before. Either way, this is why I haven't posted in a few days. I want my home, my bed, my stuff, my bathroom and my sewing machine. We should have just gotten a room at the Key West Inn in C'burg! I am about to pull my hair out with 7 people in one household! One more day.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment