Save A Child's Life

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A long weekend...... Part II

So Fri. afternoon went much better. The girls and I got a good long nap until Bama got home. We all got ready to go to the wedding rehearsal. Both girls seemed to be in a great mood, until we got to the church. They begin to practice and Addison decides she is NOT going to be a flower princess and will NOT have anything to do with anyone. She runs into the ladies bathroom and it takes us about 15 min to coax her out. Bama and I had to bribe the child with candy and ice cream. We assured her that it would be so much fun and that she and Ella would be so beautiful together. So reluctantly she agreed to be placed on stage by her daddy. At that point she was doing great the held hands with the ring bearers while coming down the steps. It was super cute. So Bama goes back to tell her how well she did and she gives him this smarty attitude, throws her hand up and says “ Daddy… I got this!” and she did. They did so good and then we ate and things were perfect the rest of the night!

Sat. morning I get up bright and early go down to my grandparents’ house get the trailers and head to the high-school again. This time I check everything double time and am extra careful. We get there set up and……..nothing! No one even stopped for the first hour, after that other families trickled in with all of their goods. I promised myself I wouldn’t even look at what the others had to offer. I was strictly there to sell and make money. After the other families got settled a few customers began to stop but no takers. I had made $7 by 9:30, shortly after a man returned that had purchased a set of crutches from me for $5 and he said that he was to tall for them and needed a refund. Of course I gave his money right back because if he couldn’t use them then I wasn’t going to be a bad person and make him keep them! So by 10:00 I had made $2. Luckily we didn’t get rained on and it wasn’t super hot for most of the morning. By 11:30 I had made a few more dollars but nothing to write home about so we began to pack it up. I had found out the day before that we needed to be at the church for pictures by 3:00. I was pushing the day to the limit again! It was almost 12:00 and we had packed most everything up and a nice little lady and her daughter pulled up. She bought all of the furniture I had, bedding and a bunch of curtains. Thanks to that nice lady my sale was a success!

The wedding needs a post of it own, so this too will be continued…..

the Fields…..

1 comments:

Taz + Belly said...

I can't wait for your wedding post, ha! I wanted to email you, but your email address isn't on your profile. Can you shoot me an email today?
fields_k@bellsouth.net

Post a Comment