Save A Child's Life

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Early birds.


We put our Christmas tree up about a week ago but had some technical difficulties. All of our Christmas decorations remained at the old house due to the fact that we didn't have any storage when we moved. So our renters didn't need the extra building, so those items got left. Sadly most of our Christmas decorations got ruined. There must have been a community of critters who made their home in one of our trees and all of the plush items. The saddest part is that most of the items that got chunked where things that Bama and I got our first Christmas as a married couple. It was probably time for most of it to go but I tend to hold on to things that mean so much to me.

Daddy Do managed to get all of the lights working on the salvagable tree so that we would be ready for decorating. Tonight we had a "free night", which we hardly ever get. So I stopped in at HL and got a few items for the tree. I couldn't find everything that I had in mind which never happens to me at HL, I usually come out with more than I came for. My mind can't figure out what I want exactly to top the tree. It's kinda one of those "I'll know it when I see it" kinda things? I hope!

May I suggest the " Shatter Proof" ornaments to anyone with small children. They can be so independent while decorating and you have less worry of cut fingers and other extremities? Not all of the ornaments shown here are shatter proof but none where lost in the making of this 2010 spectacle.
We had dancing " Garland Fairies" and Cmas music frenzy. That video will come later...too funny!
Although the tree has not gotten it's final decorations and approval, it is looking much better!

The Fields.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment